Fire Safety

When using a space heater, remember to keep well away from any flammable surfaces, such as furniture, clothing, or walls. Keep in mind that the electric cord can overheat, also causing a fire. Space heaters are not recommended for routine heating of your home. Claim statistics have proven that they are dangerous, even when used with caution. Never leave small electrical appliances such as irons, hair dryers, toasters ovens, or curling irons plugged in. These small items are the cause of a great many house fires. Don’t leave your clothes dryer or dishwasher turned on when you leave the house or go to bed at night. These appliances are two of the greatest causes of house fires.

In News